Monday, May 16, 2011

When You Have a Problem...

I'll never forget what Pastor Fambro says about us having problems... If you have a problem with *insert name, thing, etc.* it is YOU that has the problem. (Goes with the whole when you point a finger at someone, you have 3 more pointing right back at you!) So really, it is up to YOU to find the solution. Today I had a problem with a relationship not going where I'd wanted it to. So today I found a solution. I sent a message to my sister. 

I really look up to my sister. I always have. I missed out on really having a sister because she lived 3 states away with her dad. But I always thought she was the greatest - and still do. When I moved down here I thought this would be a great time to really get to know my sister and build the relationship I felt like we missed out on growing up.

That didn't really happen the way I'd hoped. And even though we are closer, and we do see each other a lot more than when we lived 3 states away... we only live 8 miles away, and the kid's birthdays and large holidays like Christmas is really not often enough. ;-)

Lately I've really felt God laying this on my heart, more so than normal. I determined I had a problem. I don't have the relationship I want to have with my sister. Well, I needed a solution. So today I sent her a message and we're going to lunch next week. We work within a few miles of each other, so this was an easy move. I hope it jump starts us doing more together.

No comments:

Post a Comment