Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Purpose of My Blogging


 

Why do I blog? What are my intentions behind my posts? Well, this varies, but I can list several reasons why I  blog.

1. I hope that my posts reach out, educate, and inspire.

2. I need a place to vent sometimes, and I communicate best in writing.

3. I want people to have the chance to get to really know me by reading my posts, that come from my heart.

4. I want people to learn what I've learned about God. About the Bible. About Christianity. That God is an awesome God and that he loves us!

5. I want people to be open to understanding the "other point of view" on certain topics. I wasn't always this open... I was an extreme fundamentalist, and I was spoon-fed my religion for many years before determining something just didn't sit right about certain things, and I needed to figure it out for myself...

I've learned so much in the past couple of years... I've found fellow bloggers with an extreme amount of insight, and these sites have been an awesome resource for studying both sides. I hope that one day, my blog can be as valuable to someone else.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their mind cannot change anything." - George Bernard Shaw

 "There are no constraints on the human mind, no walls around the human spirit, no barriers to our progress accept for those we ourselves erect." - Ronald Reagan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment