Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Move On...

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you

<3 I am proud of my heart,its been played,cheated & broken But it still works <3So I want to focus on the next chapter of my life... I want to move on and forgive those of my past, no matter how hard it may seem. I've moved past a lot and forgiven a lot of people, but there are a few who still linger because they still continue to act the same way. But forgiveness is not about them changing or "owning up" to their mistakes... it's about my heart being free to move on in life and serve the Lord.
I'm working to "remove" the negative influences from my life. I don't mean never see or talk to them again, but I mean personally, psychologically not allow them to get to me. I know one day God will hold them accountable - but he will also hold me accountable for myself, and I don't need him saying "you harbored anger, resentment, etc for these people instead of forgiving them." 

I am also working on moving on from some really hard things that surfaced during the separation from my husband. I don't blame anyone for what happened, because blame is not necessary. The only person I need to hold accountable is myself, for falling into that trap of "greener grass" and allowing myself to end up hurt by a situation I had no real clue about or needed to be a part of. My husband blames himself for pushing me there, but in the end I was the one who made the decision to act on my feelings.

But I am focusing on allowing God to lead me forward. Sometimes things pop up that try to drag me back and it's hard to not let those things resonate. But I know if I trust and follow God, he will lead me on to the next chapter in my life.

Mark 11:23-26Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”

No comments:

Post a Comment