Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Religious Quotes to Live By

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi

I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love.
-Henry Ward Beecher

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.
-Albert Camus

It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.
-Helen Keller

It's wonderful to climb the liquid mountains of the sky. Behind me and before me is God and I have no fears.
-Helen Keller 


Let your religion be less of a theory and more of a love affair.
-Gilbert K. Chesterton

More and more people care about religious tolerance as fewer and fewer care about religion.
-Alexander Chase

No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says: He is always convinced that it says what he means.
-George Bernard Shaw

Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.
-Soren Kierkegaard

 There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
-Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment