Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Take Care of God's Temple

We know the devil will do whatever it takes to discourage us from doing what pleases God. So if you get someplace and are faced with difficulty and maybe even some less than welcoming words, remember that you must be in the right place to do God's work, because the devil is trying to get you to leave. I've dealt with this a lot - instead of finding encouragement, I've found discouragement in places that I didn't expect it. But we are all human, and even our camp and church is run by humans! The devil uses whatever he can to try and pull us away from God's will...

Hi! I'm Sarah. I'm 5'4" and 99 lbs... I just joined the exercise group at church. What could I possibly have to lose at an exercise group? Nothing, but I have a lot to gain! *I'm so punny...*

We should always take care of God's temple. Our body is the literal, physical temple of the holy spirit. Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”The Jews replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” But the temple he had spoken of was his body. John 2: 19-21

 My poor temple may look healthy, but it is falling apart! I've been very out of shape since the birth of my children. Sure the baby weight just fell off, but the muscle and strength didn't instantly return. I have to build it back. People always ask why I worry so much about eating healthy or want to exercise (like a skinny person doing this is just wrong...) I know heavy people don't like being stereotyped, and well neither do I. I have every right to want to be healthy. Just because I can go eat literally anything and not gain a pound doesn't make it any more healthy for me to constantly eat McDonald's, fried foods, greasy foods, etc all the time.

People get just as much crap these days for being skinny, as other people do for not. I've dealt with crap all my life for being a toothpick. But you know what, God made me. He made you. He made us all who we are! SO THANK HIM FOR IT. And take care of what he gave you!

No comments:

Post a Comment